We’re looking for a Concept Artist / Illustrator who will be tasked to create inspiring visuals for our first game BattleDerby a Battle Royale car arcade game. This artist will be expected to collaborate with the game team and lead the artistic process from pre-production to final polish.
It’s a great opportunity to explore and iterate on unique art styles. Share your portfolio – we want to see what you can do!
What you’ll do
● Draw and paint to create design sketches and final illustrations of cars, characters, and worlds.
● Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, marketers, and engineers.
● Iterate quickly with drawings to visually communicate ideas with the team.
● Raise the bar with visuals and creative problem-solving.
● Take the lead to create art styles and execute on steps needed to realize that goal.
● Adapt to existing art styles with a team of other artists.
● Create high-quality production assets.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
● A strong portfolio demonstrating a clear understanding of shape language, drawing fundamentals, and knowledge of value and form.
● Strong understanding of color and light.
● Intentionality – You understand the goals of your work and can communicate the rationale
behind your design decisions.
● Strong attention to detail and visual consistency.
● Ability to work efficiently within a high-pressure, fast-paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
● Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop or Affinity Designer.
Nice to have
● Experience with animation, Spine, Unity, Maya.
● Experience with TV, Film, Game pipelines